Overall Ranking: 5.0 out of 5
Price: The Starter membership is free, the Premium membership $49.00 per month or $359.00 per year (a 39% savings)
Owners: Kyle and Carson
Wealthy Affiliate is an online school dedicated to teaching people how to build a profitable online presence using WordPress, the leading online content manage system. In addition to the training offered by Wealthy Affiliate they also provide 2 free web sites included in the free starter membership. I was personally intrigued by Wealthy Affiliate because after 20 years creating web content for Citigroup, Autotrader.com and numerous contract sites I could do all of the technical “geeky” parts of website development but I never learned how to make money from a blog site.
So what is included in the Free Starter Membership?
The starter membership both teaches and previews deeper education included in the premium membership. Wealthy Affiliate only has 2 levels of membership starter and premium.
Training included in the Starter membership
- Lesson 1 – Getting Rolling
- Lesson 2 – Understanding How to Make Money Online
- Lesson 3 – Choose a Niche
- Lesson 4 – Building Your Own Website
- Lesson 5 – Setting up Your Website
- Lesson 6 – Getting Your Site Ready for SEO
- Lesson 7 – Finding Content Ideas from Keywords
- Lesson 8 – Understanding Website Pages & Creating Your First 3
- Lesson 9 – Creating Quality Website Content
- Lesson 10 – Congratulations and Your Next Steps
Wealthy Affiliate offers starter members 2 free sites. Other hosting services like Godaddy.com and Hostmonster.com. which are both discount website hosting services charge for these services and neither offers any in depth education courses mentioned above. As a part of the hosting service Wealthy Affiliate also offers new Domain name registration a rates competitive with the least expensive registrars.
WordPress site building tools
SiteRubix website management tool is included in all memberships and it is a powerful tool that takes very little time to master. With its power at your fingertips your website development will progress with your work on your content, and not be slowed by wrestling with a new website development tool.
Wealthy Affiliate the leader in training people how to make money from a blog site.
A Social Community not just an online hosting service.
While I was impressed with the initial bootcamp education, the 2 free sites hosting service, the ease of use, competitive rates of the domain registration services and how easy to site development tool is to master, the thing that impressed me the most, and frankly surprised me was the interactive social network the owners and all of the other Wealthy Affiliate members have developed.
This network was developed by design not by accident. The owners of the site have developed the training courses and each course has a number of assignments to complete designed to both reinforce the lessons taught in the course and to have the affiliate either ask for or give feedback on their work or the work of other affiliates. The affiliates are encouraged to follow other affiliates and to be active in welcoming new affiliates to the group. Finally the site has a ranking system where each affiliate obtains a higher ranking based on how helpful they are in answering questions, doing reviews and generally assisting other affiliates.
If Wealthy Affiliate sounds as interesting to you as it did to me a free starter membership will cost you nothing except the time you spend completing the 10 lessons including their assignments from course 1, and associating with the other affiliates on the site. Click here to get started for free. If you like what you have read so far, continue reading to see the Wealthy Affiliate premium discount offer described below.
What are the benefits of becoming a Premium Member at Wealthy Affiliate?
One might wonder what are the benefits of a premium membership when so much is included in the free starter membership so probably the best place to start to see the increased value a premium membership offers is in the following table,
The first thing that catches the most attention is the cost of $49.00 USD per month but Wealthy Associate mitigates this by offering a new member discount which you can access by clicking on this link. By using the promotion a new premium member can investigate the benefits of a premium membership for only $19.00 USD for the first month. Of course the benefit of that is one you will most likely not use and that is you can stop your premium membership and incur no further charges. Once a person becomes a premium member Wealth Affiliate offers another deep discount if you change to a full year membership instead of the monthly membership.
The other services included in the premium membership are greater access to live help, enabling comments on your sites which greatly increases social interaction and ranking with the major search engines, hosting up to 50 websites versus 2 as a free member and in the beginning most importantly 4 additional courses to offering a total of 40 additional lessons to help you become an expert at WordPress website development and monetizing those by targeted internet marketing.
Additional Training Included in a Premium Membership.
- Lesson 1 – Your Own Domain, Your Brand
- Lesson 2 – Building out Your Website, Theme-Based Content
- Lesson 3 – Setting up a Domain Specific Email Account
- Lesson 4 – The Traffic Breakdown
- Lesson 5 – Making Use of Visuals
- Lesson 6 – Getting Crafty with the WordPress Editor
- Lesson 7 – Understanding the Low Hanging Fruit
- Lesson 8 – Making Face as a Real Person
- Lesson 9 – Amplifying your Google Love with Google
- Lesson 10 – Boosting your Wealthy Affiliate Rank
- Lesson 1 – Understanding the Money in Online Business
- Lesson 2 – Understanding Affiliate Programs and Networks
- Lesson 3 – Relevant Affiliate Programs are Everywhere
- Lesson 4 – Adding Affiliate Links to your Pages
- Lesson 5 – Instant Access to a Million Products
- Lesson 6 – Leveraging Product Reviews
- Lesson 7 – Getting Paid for Ads on Your Site
- Lesson 8 – Earning Pennies or Dollars?
- Lesson 9 – A Brilliant Way to Track and Understand
- Lesson 10 – With Help Comes Financial Success
- Lesson 1 – What does Social Engagement Mean to Your Business
- Lesson 2 – Make Your Website a Place to Engage
- Lesson 3 – Using Facebook the Right Way
- Lesson 4 – Pinterest and the Visual Social Hemisphere
- Lesson 5 – Incorporating a Sound Tweeting Campaign
- Lesson 6 – Google Plus or Minus?
- Lesson 7 – The Benefit of Being Social on Wealthy Affiliate
- Lesson 8 – Make Your Campaigns Social Branding Animals
- Lesson 9 – Using the Wealthy Affiliate Social Community
- Lesson 10 – You Cannot be a Master of Everything
- Lesson 1 – Content IS Your Business
- Lesson 2 – Setting Up Google Webmaster Tools
- Lesson 3 – Improving Indexing Times and Speeds
- Lesson 4 – People Need to Read Your Content
- Lesson 5 – A Year is a Short Period of Time yet BIG
- Lesson 6 – Writing Within a Devised Plan Architecture
- Lesson 7 – Writing Your Content with Conversion Intent
- Lesson 8 – Injecting Comments with Intent
- Lesson 9 – Bing and Yahoo they are Still 33% of Search
- Lesson 10 – Articulating a Plan for the Months and Year
- Extensive training is site building using WordPress
- Classes on the how to achieve success at Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- You will learn Affiliate Marketing success strategies that actually work
- Extensive help from site support to the online social network of more than eight hundred thousand Wealthy Affiliate associates
Price is a con for those seeking only a hosting service. Wealthy Affiliate offers extensive education and a social network of other affiliates to assist and encourage you. You get what you pay for.
WHO IT IS FOR
Wealthy Affiliate is for the serious blogger who is interested in developing an ongoing stream of income. This person has to realize that like every business the development of success is based on the effort made to achieve that success. Wealthy Affiliate is not for those looking for a get rich quick scam, successful members study hard and work hard to implement the successful strategies Wealthy Affiliate teaches.
The support offered to members is extensive ranging from site support to support from other associages, the social network offers extensive communication, advice and technical support.
PRICE: The Starter membership is free, the Premium membership $49.00 per month or $359.00 per year (a 39% savings)
I have been involved with the development of comercial websites for more than 20 years both as a website coder, and a manager of website engineers. Wealthy Affiliate is the first and only place I have seen that teaches the full skillset required to actually earn money from your blog. It is not a SCAM, anything but! That said, blogging to earn income is a job, success will not come without hard work. Patience is required because like any new business you will have to develop a reputation as a knowledgeable expert. This takes time and work, but once you have developed this reputation, people will listen to your advice.
How to receive your discount
As I mentioned earlier there is a promotional discount available from Wealthy Affiliate. To claim your discount two steps are required, the first is to open a free starter membership. So how do I get a discount on a free membership you ask, Well you don’t, free is free, you get the discount, 59% off the first month premium membership cost if you become a premium member in the first 7 days, I will send you a private message within Wealthy Affiliate once you become a free starter member that discusses this in greater detail. See you in the Wealthy Affiliate community.
If you have any suggestions, ideas and or questions please leave a comment below.